Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Reflecting on Programming Pratices

While reading the Extreme Programming booklet, I have been doing a lot of thinking about my internships. I feel that it has given me some good perspective on the things that didn't go as smoothly as they could have. I recognize that I have done some things wrongly, and my management has done things wrongly, and some times we both did the same thing wrongly. I had written more but as a professional this is all I want to say publicly. The important thing is that in the future, I will be able to face similar challenges with greater ease and professionalism.

I've been applying the XP practices to my operating systems project and they have been helpful. One thing I don't like is that 8 hours of pair programming is much more intense than 8 hours of cowboy programming. We are bad at taking frequent breaks, as advised. It's harder to do because the Linux lab has been moved in the bowels of the experimental physics dungeon.

No comments:

Post a Comment